$40 half hour - $60 per hour
Girls and Ladies Rock Camp Alumni discounts available!
nterested in learning to explore possibilities
improve your technique, or develop your unique vocal style? Working within any of the rock, pop, folk, country and R&B genres that interest and suit you, we will work together in a fun, relaxed atmosphere in our Roslindale home recording studio to determine and meet your vocal goals.
We also teach adults and kids of all levels:
Discounts for Girls and Ladies Rock Camp Alumni!
NEW: Want to learn an instrument and play in a band? We offer instrument instruction through a six to eight-week band experience. We help you form a band with other students where 3 to 6 of you will learn your desired instrument while learning to collaborate with your bandmates in writing your very own song and then recording it in a professional recording studio.
Looking for a performance experience? We host gigs at the Midway Cafe which gives my students the opportunity to perform in a very supportive atmosphere. This is not mandatory but an option for the adults who feel ready to show off their new skills.
*Girls Rock Camp is a great way for girls to gain the experience of working with other girls and performing. I work with girls who feel shy and want to prepare for their camp experience.
* Professional Experience:
- Singer, songwriter, guitarist, and performer for the Atlantic recording rock group, Fuzzy, which released two major label records on Tag and Atlantic Records and two releases on the Australian label, Half A Cow Records, as well as one local independent release on Catapult Records
- Fuzzy also toured both nationally and internationally for four years as the featured indie rock band in the UK, which included a live performance on the BBC radio. We also interviewed and performed live as the featured artist on MTV for the 1994 New Music Seminar, and had the single of the week in NME, one of UK's top music magazines. Our song "Girlfriend" was featured as The Darien Gap Sundance Festival winner.
- Co-wrote and recorded a musical score for the production of Marvin's Room for the Somerville Theatre company under the direction of Brendan Hughes, as well as music for the TV pilot (Fame L.A.) and various theme music for Polygram Publishing via Fort Apache Productions.
- Along with Tanya Donelly, produced and released the critically acclaimed children's CD, Rock and Roll Coochicoo.
- Backup vocal work for live and recorded performances for many local Boston artists including Belly, Tanya Donelly, Buffalo Tom, Kay Hanley, Josh Ritter, Juliana Hatfield, Dinosaur Jr., and many more.
-Currently involved in a number of music projects, and doing some vocal session work for producer Ed Valauskas at Q-Division Studios.
- Lastly, I am working with keyboardist Evelyn Pope band coaching ladies who supplement their instrument instruction once a week by getting together with new musicians to help with songwriting, collaboration and how to work and play with others in a band.